Monday, November 10, 2008

Another Conversation I Had Today

The conversation I had today happens on a different day from the previous conversation I had today. It is a brand new conversation I had today, and a brand new today, so today is not the same today as the before today. Today is its own day, with it’s own conversation, separate from the today and conversation in an older blog, and having had another conversation since that today’s conversation, I have a now taken part in another conversation—this conversation is that conversation. I thought I should clarify, as the title can be slightly misleading.

Reprising his role from “A Conversation I Had Today,” is me, who will be playing the part of I. Her will once again be played by Old French Whore. I, and by I, I mean me, not the character I, who is actually me, still does not know the person that plays Her’s real name.

I exits the kitchen with a peanut butter sandwich sandwiched in his mouth. Her is walking down the hall in his direction.

I: Hello.

Her: Do you know anything about computers?

I: Um, no.

Her: Dammit. I can’t get the Internet to work on my laptop and have homework that has to get done right now.

I: My roommate is pretty good with computers. I could go ask him if he would know what’s wrong. Do you use a PC or Mac?

Her: PC.

I exits to talk to his roommate. While gone, Her does whatever it is that Old French Whore did while I (me) was away. I returns.

I: My roommate really only knows Macs. Do you know Ali?

Her: No.

I: Ali used to be a computer programmer. He lives downstairs, but I don’t know which room number. You could ask in the office to see what room he’s in. Maybe he could help you.

Her: Maybe I’ll do that later. I have to leave now.

Her, not believing in exchanging pleasantries, exits abruptly. I is left wondering how much he dislikes Her. Later, I learns he dislikes Her very much.

Later (approximately ten hours later)…

I sits near a window playing a handheld video game system. Her comes up the stairs and sees I.

Her: Did you get a hold of Ali?

I: Um, no.

Her looks disgusted at I.

I: I thought you were going to go talk to him earlier.

Her: Well, I didn’t want to just go knocking on doors randomly.

I: (thinking) And I did? That’s why I told you to go to the office approximately ten hours ago and ask for his room number, so you wouldn’t have to randomly knock on doors, you old French whore. Besides, this clearly wasn’t a top priority for you, so why should it be a top priority of mine?

(said aloud) I don’t know what to tell you.

Her exits angrily. I flips her off as she leaves, unbeknownst to Her.

For the rest of the night, Her looks angrily at I whenever their paths cross, as if he did her wrong. I just flips Her off for the rest of the night whenever she’s not looking.

End scene.

1 comment:

Hello Kitty said...

Hello Kitty's motto is "Friends with Everyone—except Old French Whores." They'll shiv you in the back every time.